Monday, March 20, 2006

In Italy This Week

Sorry I won't be blogging much this week. My wife and I are celebrating our 10 year anniversary with a trip to Italy!! The first two days in Rome were overwhelming. Our respect for artists lke Bernini, Caravaggio and Michelangelo grow expoentially with every work of art we view. The sistine chapel (painted by Michelangelo) was so good, that Raphael, after seeing it, went back to his famous School of Athens (also in the Vatican Museum) and painted Michelangelo into it. (He's in the foreground, sitting on the steps -- painted in classic Michelangelo style.) I assume this is a compliment.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jill Pole said...

Ah Chris, I'm sitting here in Panera, more than a little jealous. What a beautiful, beautiful experience. To see the Masters' work up close and in person. I've always wanted to stand and look at the Pieta, the Sistine Chapel, David, etc. etc. What a memory to cherish!

2:24 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

You're right! It was so wonderful, I almost feel guilty for going. You should go.

10:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home