Wednesday, February 08, 2006

You Might Be Emerging If . . .

If you know anything about the emerging/emergent church, you will probably find this funny. I fit about two-thirds of the criteria. I don't qualify for the other third because I'm not young enough, not hip enough, or not brain-dead enough.

OK, so I just ticked off a lot of emergent folks. Complaints and counter-arguments welcome. You might want to get a little help with the logic part, though.

Sorry, I did it again. It's all in love. Peace-out.

(Hat Tip to Intelligent Faith.)



P.S. I'm not hip enough to drive one of these, but I did grow up riding in one exactly like this, but without the luggage rack.

3 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

I'm with you, for the most part, Josh. We can learn a lot from the emergent movement, though. The way I often put it is this: they have identified all the symptoms (the church's problems) correctly, but the essential diagnosis, and thus the prescription, is wrong.

I don't know if you were around when I blogged on McLaren & postmodernism. Look at May & June in the archives.

9:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Funny doesn't sound like its all in love. Sounds like its all in judgment.

1:36 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Careful -- you might be judging me a little too quickly. Emergent folks need to have a sense of humor about themselves. No particular group has it exactly right, and I know you (anonymous) would agree with that. We all need each other, but we must be willing to hear criticism. The emergent movement has certainly dished out a healthy serving of it.

7:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home