Friday, May 26, 2006

In All That's Fair

As I've been preparing to lead worship at my church this Sunday, I've been so inspired and refreshed by some of these great hymns and songs. Here are a few excerpts:

Well the eagle flies and the rivers run,
I look through the night
and I can see the rising sun,
And everywhere I go I see you,
and everywhere I go I see you.

This is my Father's world,
the birds their carols raise
The morning light, the lily white,
declare their Maker's praise.
This is my Father's world, He shines in all that's fair
In the rustling grass I can hear him pass, He speaks to me everywhere
All creatures of our God and King,
Lift up your voice and with us sing . . .
Thou burning sun with golden beam, Thou silver moon with softer gleam
O praise Him! Alleluia!
(Here's an English translation of St. Francis' Canticle of Brother Sun.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home