Thursday, June 08, 2006

The Da Vinci Code and the Debate over the Bible

If The Da Vinci Code and it's claims fascinate you, and you've wanted to find out more about the facts of early Christianity, then sit down with a cup of your favorite beverage and read this transcript of a debate between two PhD.s (one of whom is William Lane Craig) over the historicity of the New Testament.

Now, it might sound daunting, and if you click the link, it might look daunting, but . . . ok, it is daunting. But consider this a mental workout that can help melt away unwanted intellectual flab. Do you want a flabby mind? Of course not! Now drop and give me twenty (mathematical proofs)!

2 Comments:

Blogger the lorider said...

Well, I haven't read the DaVinci Code, but this was certainly enthralling. It definitely gave me insights into the strictures of both historical research and debating. I found that the arguments didn't change my view-point at all, as I believe that this is most importantly a matter of faith, but I imagine that it is debates like these that subtly affect popular beliefs over the centuries.

Thanks for sharing - my mind certainly does feel less flabby!

2:58 PM  
Blogger the lorider said...

found it!

I thought there might be a quote that expressed what I was thinking on reading this:

Miracles are not contrary to nature, but only contrary to what we know about nature.
-Saint Augustine

12:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home