Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Scientists Can't Find God in My Brain

I suppose this study doesn't really provide evidence one way or another (in the debate over whether human beings are nothing but emobdied brains). Interesting, though. My guess is that they will never find a "God-spot" in the brain. However, even if they do, it merely establishes correlation (which was the goal of the study), not causation or identity. An experience of God is not identical to (exactly the same thing as) a certain brain state.

1 Comments:

Blogger derek said...

Pretty Interesting. Stuff like this used to bother me before college. I feared that they would find a "god gene" or or area of believers brains that explained away my beliefs. Thank God for my college crises of faith, where i looked into why i should believe in God. Blessings Chris,

derek

5:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home