Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Stuff

1. I've been reading Waiting For God by Simone Weil. Quite an interesting character. Christian spiritual writer, philosopher, and activist.

2. In case you missed MLK, Jr. day, you can watch the full version of the "I Have A Dream" speech here. If you don't know what comes after "I Have A Dream," then you should watch it.

3. For you football fans, here's an interesting commentary on the recent NFC championship game.

4. For a slightly different perspective on discipleship and ministry, check out the Cross Chronicles. Joe is a good friend and one of my catechumens from my years at K-State with Campus Crusade. See this post first.

5. Ever found yourself disturbed by the violent deeds of Israel in the OT? Read William Lane Craig's response to this problem.

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

WRT #4, I am probably more disturbed by the violent deeds of Israel, my own country, and our counterparts and adversaries across the world in current times than those described in the OT. I figure humankind should have advanced, developed, evolved (pick your term) over the last few thousand years. Instead, when push comes to shove, we resort to the same methods to resolve disputes. The hardware changes, but the root remains the same.

9:23 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Yes -- this is true. Some things will never change. I'm not sure we will ever reach global peace apart from the return of Christ. But I say we keep working toward it!

10:31 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I try, but pacifists don't seem to be popular political figures these days.

Of course above, I meant to refer to your point #4, not #5.

11:55 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Man, I can't get it straight. Point #5, not 4. Ugh.

9:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home